Tuesday 28 August 2007

Crocheting and Other Things

Here's my latest crochet, two potholders, this time new ones for my own kitchen, if I can bring myself to use them!
A potholder is a really fun thing to make if you want an instant gratification project, because you have colour combinations and stitch patterns, all on a small scale.
For anyone who is interested in the patterns, the square one is from Heirloom Thread Potholders by Annie's Attic, except I made a straightforward double-sided one instead of the "pocket" version in the pattern. There are lots of nice ones in that book. The watermelon one is from Kitchen Basics in Cotton published by Leisure Arts.
I used 4-ply cotton for both of these, but I used it doubled for the watermelon.

This is some wool applique I started on last week. It's the Welcoming Heart pattern from Folk Heart Threads by Need'l Love. I'd forgotten how much I like wool applique! Once you start doing it it's difficult to stop.

And I've just taken these muffins out of the oven, made with blueberries from our garden. The recipe is from San at Gypsy Quilter. I haven't had one yet but they look and smell lovely.